- For the first time, the US has become the largest country in terms of absolute number of scans
- Stellar growth in Hong King and Canada. Germany’s strong growth will likely surpass Italy’s no. 2 position in coming months
- Signs of exponential growth when comparing growth of Q4/Q3 (83%) to that of Q3/Q2 (34%) and Q2/Q1 (13%)
- Although this report highlights the very best performers of Q4, please note that also the countries that are ranked in lower positions compared to Q3, still show significant growth!
Notes on reporting methodology:
- These reports are based on the total number of QRcode, Datamatrix and UPC/EAN scans recorded by the i-nigma system during the relevant periods. Because of i-nigma’s worldwide prominence, we believe that these numbers are likely to be indicative of global mobile barcode activity
- The reports do not include activity in Japan, which is known to be well ahead in popularity and usage of mobile barcodes
- For better representation of global open market trends, the reports specifically exclude activity from i-nigma-based solutions that are used by our vertical customers
- Top 5 growing countries are from the top 20 countries in mobile barcodes usage during Q4
3GVision is the global pioneer and leader in mobile barcode solutions and advanced image processing technologies to fast-track consumers to the mobile Internet. 3GVision’s i-nigma, the industry’s most comprehensive end-to-end 1D/2D barcode solution, incorporates a powerful yet intuitive platform for code creation, campaign management, and advanced metrics reporting. The platform is designed to increase revenue opportunities for mobile operators, and print campaign effectiveness for media and marketing companies. The i-nigma Telco-grade solution offers a fast and easy way for offline media and advertising to connect to the mobile internet, and facilitates mobile solutions for efficient business operations.
Since 2002, 3GVision has embedded over 180 million mobile phones with its 1D/2D barcode readers for global Tier-1 mobile operators such as France Telecom, Telstra and NTT Docomo; mobile handset manufacturers including Nokia, Samsung, LG, Sony Ericsson, and Motorola; and most Japanese handset vendors including Sharp, NEC, Kyocera and Toshiba. Moreover, 3GVision is the ‘de facto’ industry standard in Japan – the world’s first fully developed mobile barcode market.